Tuesday, January 31, 2012

moving along

January is coming to an end.  Wow!  I knew it was going to be busy, but how did we get to the end of the month already. 


dorm and barn

I had my big trip to Hyden, Kentucky for Clinical Bound.  8 nights away from the boys.  It was mostly what I imagined... busy learning, enjoying the company of other students, and missing Evan and Tony.  What I didn't expect was how the week really made this whole midwifery school adventure seem real.  I spent 18 months in front of my computer and books piling information into my brain.  Now, it has hit me... I am about to use everything I learned in the real world.  No more papers or hypothetical case studies, I am going out to provide care for moms and babies.  I left there with a rush of emotions... excited, scared, happy, sad (homesick), nervous, eager to start clinicals.  So I had the first day yesterday.  All went well!  Looking forward to the next 6 or so months of this journey. 

I think I've finally made up for the lost Evan hugs.  I've been sneaking them in whenever he lets me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment