Thursday, April 12, 2012
growing a baby
I've known for weeks now I'm pregnant. But I wasn't sure how to tell Evan. Obviously this is huge deal for our family and his little life. He has a hard time with things that are going to happen in the future. He is getting better when you tell him something that is going to happen this weekend, but still doesn't have a sense of what is means (and how that really is) when you tell him something will happen in months. So, I didn't want to tell him the news, but then say... well the baby will be here in 9 months. I could see him asking everyday for the next 9 months if the baby is coming yet. Of course I also wanted to give it a few weeks to make sure all was going well. I decided to tell him the day before our first appointment when we would all go "check on the baby". Evan and I were laying in bed together early one morning. He got up about 20 minutes earlier than usual to go to the bathroom, so then I let him in bed to cuddle with me until it was time to wake-up (at the 7). After some quiet time laying together, I told him that mom has a baby growing in my belly and that it would come to live us when it grew bigger. He didn't say anything at first. He was processing I could tell. Then he started to ask a few questions about when it coming and how big it was. Seems curious. We all are curious and excited about adding a new little person to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment