Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas 2017

Last night, we had happy kids.  Tired and over-sugared, but happy.  We had a relaxing evening at home with a few gifts from just us, one of family favorite meals, grilled cheese and tomato soup, and some Lego building.  And I was happy taking it all in after a couple busy days and weeks.  I used to be a little jealous of families that would be “home” for Christmas morning. Having those lazy but excited filled Chris stays morning hours.  Then, I became thankful for having our schedules align to travel to both our families this week.  Because Christmas isn’t about seeing what santa brought Christmas morning.  Spending time with family is more important. So we made the trip to Muskegon and pleased the grandparents and fostered the memories of Christmas time with family in our boys.  Maybe they will see how we value this above all... and come see us a lot in 20 years. 

But, I still felt the cozyness and togetherness with just our little family I’m those hours last evening. Those moments that nothing else matters. 

A couple kid moments to share.  Evan woke up at 4:30am.  His excitement prohibiting sleep.  We were in bed together, since Tony slept in another room because we were worried Nicholas would have a bad night.  So I got to lay there for a couple hours (yes, he didn’t fall back alsep until 6:20) and just feel that Christmas excitement in his little head.  Of course, I was slightly frustrated that I wasn’t sleeping, but looking back... there probably won’t be many more moments like this for Evan and me.  At least not sharing the little kid worlds.  I will be surprised if he still believes in santa next year.  

Nicholas loved grandmas village.  I have this cute little picture of him in my mind.  It’s dark, lights of the village on, and he is just walking along it, touching things at his height. And of course... he is so cute singing jingle bells and Santa Claus is coming to town. 

Cheerio is our other Christmas memory.  The boys wake up every morning eager to read his letter and write back to him.  Evan wrote him a copy of The Secret Ornament, that he wrote last Christmas season.  And Colin drew him pictures and worked so hard writing his letters.  It is so cute to see them with this friend. 

Heading to WI in a couple days to continue this Christmas week with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment