He’s nine. And seems a little touch taller every time I hug him. He is obsessed with football cards. A little too much. Maybe. Really this started in October after we went to a badger game. That’s when I saw the interest of football. Of course, he played flag football in second grade but seemed clueless about the sport. But this year, the boys at school got super into it. Lots of card collecting! And he pretty much wanted football cards and a Jordy Nelson jersey for his birthday. I keep hoping that he will be interested in something unique or intelligent. Like playing the guitar or something. Or even reading more. Maybe someday. He tends to just like bumming around home, with his football cards.
The night before his birthday he ate at Harvest for dinner and had Cherry Republic for dessert with grandma and grandpa bray. Then for his birthday party, Holden, Aiden, and Christopher came over for a sleepover. They played football, traded cards, played laser tag in the dark. Nothing too crazy. A pretty calm group for a boy who doesn’t like kids to get too rowdy.
No comments:
Post a Comment