We made a deal with Evan about 6 months ago. We bought a book to help him practice writing his letters, and said that when it was done he could pick out a LEGO truck. Well, it took awhile to actually finish the book. Today we did it. Well when got to the toy store he walked right past the LEGOs with a determination to see that trucks that he saw the last time he was in the store. And there he found it. A truck that seems almost identical to the rest of the toys we have. It was a Police Helicopter and Transporter. So I guess we don't have that exact toy. But, we have so MANY trucks! And this one was $50. I told that he really didn't need that one and that he had police cars and trucks and helicopters. And I told him that it was expensive. Well, the look on his face was so sad. And then then tears started. He really wanted it! He started begging and crying more and trying to convince me to change my mind. Now, as a parent I have tried not to give in to this behavior. Its kinda like Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmes. But… we did promise him a prize and I really don't buy him toys very often. I was starting to give in. And then he said that he would give me some of his money when we got home; a dollar and a coin, a dollar and a coin, and a dollar and a coin. My mama heart gave in!
And it was so cute when we got home and he ran to his room, with his coat and shoes still on and got me 3 dollars and 3 coins.
No comments:
Post a Comment