Monday, November 13, 2017

Weekend with nicholas

Tony made a somewhat last minute decision to bring Evan and Colin for a quick weekend trip to WI. Nicholas and I stayed home.  At first this idea seemed to bring me down. Of course, I didn’t want to travel that many hours in the car in 2.5 days, but I was thinking it was going to be a long weekend at home with someone that can’t have conservations and throws tantrums for no reason.  I love him, but he has been known to be exhausting and I was worried without his dad and brothers around to create distraction or help that I would be one busy tired Mom.

Turns out, I was tired.  He didn’t sleep well cause of this little cough.  But I used that to bring him into bed with me for part of the night... one of my favorite things to snuggle in bed with those little bodies. And we actually stayed entertained the rest of the weekend.  He was happy.  Maybe the extra attention helped. I don’t recall having ever spent an entire 50 hours with just him.  And I loved that actually.  We bonded a little extra!  And as I focused on him, I realized how his language is taking off.  He said some many new weekend I can’t count... Wisconsin, orange, helicopter (copter), snuggle. He is interested in trying to guess the color of an object and he was excited to read and play trains. There was a little injury that scared me.  He fell off the back of the ottoman in his room and hit the back of his head on a wooden puzzle and one of the little pegs punctured his skin and bled pretty good.  Glad when it stopped with pressure and a sucker/show to calm him down.

Thankful for this weekend dedicated to this little boy that is growing up too fast!  But a sweet and goofy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment