Evan is off to TAG without a problem. It definitely has helped the transition to have Ben in his class. They weren’t really friends until baseball this past spring. But, it took away some fear and he was happy to pick lockers by him. He is not the most studious child. His writing is messy, he currently prefers to play Minecraft in his free time instead of reading, and his organization could be better. But we are so proud of his accomplishment making this program and his ease into this school year. Today, our plan for after school wasn’t exactly clear because we didn’t know if I would be done with work in time to get him or if Tony would sneak and get him. So I gave him the instruction to head down Seventh Street until about Oak, and one of us would meet him there. Turns out, I actually made it to his school very early and thought I would catch him coming out the door. Wish I would have known what door he exits from from, because after the school cleared out I still didn’t see him. I rushed over to our planned meeting spot and my heart leapt when I saw him standing there in the sidewalk in the drizzle rain, looking like a big kid. And with a smile. I love that kid!
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Start of school- two days down
Lots of new stuff this school year, including a brand new school. How lovely to think of spending the day in the new Eastern. Colin did awesome on day one of kindergarten. As soon as he woke up, he ran and grabbed socks and sat by the door. It was just an hour before he had to leave. Lots of excitement and he was seeming more confident that last year when separation was tearful for at least a month and even some days in the second half of the year, it was hard to say bye. But, day one this year made me so proud of him. Day two, he woke up not wanting to go... excuses were the day is too long, one girl is mean to me, I don’t like music. So we had a few years at drop off... but big smiles at pick up! It was a good day! He doesn’t want to go tomorrow, he really just likes to stay home with us. It is endearing! Really. I want him to be brave and smart and love school, but I want to wrap him up and never let go sometimes too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment