Thursday, September 29, 2016

Loud

So far, Colin seems to be our lively son.  Not that Evan doesn't have his moments, but he has a more mellow easy-going personality with decent behavior and follows rules.  While, Colin the one that is loud and crazy, especially when no one is paying attention to him.  And I feel like I am constantly telling him the same things over and over.  Get your buckles on.  Really... Come on kid when it is time to go somewhere, get in the car, sit in your seat and buckle up.  Seems so easy, but imhe just doesn't move like that.  And the yelling.  He can be loud for no real reason.  Yesterday, Nicholas was asleep and Colin was going down the hall to get something and I reminded him to be quiet. Then 10 seconds later, I hear him yelling in the hall.  Ahhh!  I said "Colin, didn't I just ask you to be quiet?" He looks up at me with this face of shame and said "I didn't hear myself yelling."  That settles it. The kid can't see himself and therefore can't always control himself yet. Changed my perspective on constantly repeating my reminders to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment