Monday, September 5, 2016

Sweet summer

Today is the official end of summer.  Back to the fall/school routine tomorrow.  It's been a good one.  I've had fun!  And I look at the world through the eyes of the boys and appreciate something they don't grasp yet, how lucky they have it.  The ease of doing mostly what you want to do all day.  Of course, with some guidance to keep doing the awesome things northern MI offers.  For us, that means lots of beach time.  Some day I would love to bike, kayak, camp more.  But for now, the beach is an easy way to soak it up.

I have been thankful for all my moments with them.  I am fortunate to have been home most of the summer for them.  Sure, working in Muskegon two days a week got a little crazy.  But with coordinating schedules and occasional babysitting by grandparents we succeeded in creating a perfect summer.

Holding on to the pictures of those sweet summer smiles, as we head down a new road.  Which is exciting too.  New school for Evan.  Possibly new job for me.  But we will make sure that our little live stays perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment