Evan is a little obsessed with Legos. His first real Lego set was a garbage truck we got him for his 4th birthday. Before that we had a collection of my old Legos that we played with. But the obsession began as he turned 4. For the first year of his fascination with Legos, it was mostly with police Legos. He wanted all the Lego City Police sets and our days were spent with hours of police play.
Since his 5th birthday, his interests seem to grow and change pretty quickly. Though, his interests all come in Lego mini figures. After police it was Coast Guard, then Batman, then onto Spiderman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Every other week or so lately, he has said "now I'm into…". Fill in blank. Ninjago, Chima, and as of last week Star Wars. And today a Lego catalog arrived in the mail and it showed a new line of Lego products with Arctic Explorers, so of course he is now into that and wants those sets. He is actually able to build some creative vehicles. And has thought of ideas to change his mini-figures to look like other characters he doesn't have. So if wants a Star Wars droid and doesn't have it, he wants to make it. He can negotiate the Lego website better than I can. He knows what many of the sets specifically come with.
I am sure that I will have more Lego stories to come. It is quite the fascination at our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment