Wednesday, June 4, 2014

big and small

Sometimes I look at Evan and see this big kid.  Like, wow, he can do all this stuff now.  And, wow, he looks more grown up.  Then, other times I look at him and see how small he really is.  I see his skinny  little arms.  I see how when he falls down he still usually cries big tears and has this so sad look on his face.  I realize that there is so much ahead of us yet.  And that really I don't have a big kid right now at all.  He can only read a handful of words.  He only gets the answer to 2+2 right sometimes.  He is barely able to pump on the swings.  He can't ride a two-wheeler yet.  There are so many things left for him to learn to do.  Its exciting.  I love seeing him learn.  Of course, in some ways its a little sad for a mom to see her baby growing up.  But, as with everything I've experienced parenting, its amazing.  To share in the learning and joys of life with this little sponge is a unbelievable experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment