Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little things

Today, my friend Kristen and I were talking about the life of a stay-at-home mom.  With my part-time NMC job, I do feel like a stay-at-home mom.  And we chatting about the challenges of it.  The sacrifices that go along with this role, yet the importance of this role.  That is why I am here.  Oh, at least that is my current purpose, to raise these boys.  Being their full time mom allows them with the opportunity to spend their time with the most important person (well equally important to their dad) in their lives.  I am not handing my kids over to someone else to raise.  They have the opportunity to experience the world at this early age with us.  We control (mostly) what they do, the things they like, and how they begin to understand the world around them.  Kristen told me that many religions and cultures have a similar saying "God is in the little things".  I have been thinking about this in a way that reflects the importance of those small moments.  Those small moments when having your mom at your side is crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment