I don't want to push Evan too hard with sports. Really, he's 5. And it doesn't really matter anyways. But, watching him at soccer camp, I just want to go out there and tell him, "to try". He mostly observes the other kids or after the ball passes midfield he runs to the goal to be the "goalie". Though, even when being the goalie it looks like he is there just daydreaming. Afterwards camp today I told him that tomorrow he should get in their with the other kids more and try to score a goal. Though, it should be about having fun, and that he seems to be having for now.
Swimming lessons are the opposite. He has surprised me with his eagerness and fearlessness after a few lessons. Up until a couple months, he hated putting his head underwater. And today, he went under and got a ring from the bottom!
It is really fun for me to watch him to these activities, and even more fun when he is improving!
No comments:
Post a Comment